Login |  Register |  FAQ

Painting and Strategy Guides

Post subject: Painting and Strategy Guides
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So it turns out the local club has a pretty hardcore EpicA scene, and not one to be left out, I've pulled out my Squat miniatures that have not seen the light of day for 20 years.

I've been looking around the net and these forums to find advice on strategy, tactics, battle reports or painting and found little or nothing (found a lot of "Epic Squat" workout videos) and although I now have very nicely toned thighs, I'd love to read some more about tactics and painting.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Painting and Strategy Guides
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It might not be specific Squat info, but there's always good tips and great inspiration to be found with a quick browse through the history of the 6mm forums, right here.

As for tactics, this section and the sub-forum here are going to be your best options on Taccomms. Starting a thread up in those will usually work (as you've done here), but a little digging about is going to lead you to gold pretty easily here.

As a fellow Squatter (uh?) I look forward to seeing your results, and hope I'll have some of my own to show, as soon as a certain company gets back to me about custom bases!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Doomkitten. I've already had a good look at those forums and read what I can find.

I guess what I'm looking for is more of a look at each unit's roles and how they make up the overall army. For example:

Warrior brotherhoods: Much like IG infantry, their role is to sit on an objective and weather hits. Don't expect too much of them

Mole Mortars: Garrison in heavy cover and snipe using the disrupt ability - gold!

Cyclops: Anti-War machine.

etc, etc.

Overall the army seems a bit piecemeal, unlike IG or SM where everything has a clearly defined role. Lots of AP but AT seems scarce. Lots of Blast Markers but missing aircraft and problematic AA.

How's that sound so far?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As soon as I get *any* amount of games in (literally, I'm at zero actual games) with my Squats, I might be able to offer something other than theory. I still suggest starting a subject up in the strategy section though, it might see more visibility than down here in the underway of list development. ;)