Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Alright; thanks for the clarification (o:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ARMORBREAKER /ADAMANTINE (fan base squat list) update 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks for updating the list with latest version....we removed the Holdguard from the Armourbreaker list because in the end it was a unit that didnt really fit in with the idea of the list - imagine your a Squat warlord, would u want to be in the huge WE or faffing about in a piddly APC...also, when putting together lists, especially for the local meta, it just wasnt a unit that would cut it - rather spend the points on a cheaper high mobility unit or more on War Engines...

links to a couple of battle reports using the WE list:
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26230
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26286

have to say i have enjoyed the games with the WE list so far and my opponents havent been overly critical of the list, just comments about how nasty the Colossus and Cyclops can be in engagements if the other guys has a bit of bad luck with rolls...

i had one other game against a Ghazkull list at 2,000 pts and i got spanked - WE list struggles a bit at lower points values (and my own crappy dice & generalship didnt help)...never got around to doing a battle report as too many things going on at the time...

generally i have found the best way to stop the list is to kill the more mobile elements, eg bikes/trikes/iron eagles & hawks as the WE are not speedy enough and are in low quantities that u can really struggle to complete victory goals...that being said - Break The Spirit has been one of the easier victory goals to achieve as the list does have massive wads of firepower that if an enemy BTS unit shows its face u can hammer it fairly hard and usually destroy it in a turn or two...Overlords are great but fragile - local players have already learnt to hate them and gun for them pretty early in games...

in the new year will crank out some more games and also need to get my bikers out for some Adamantine Forge Guild shenanigans...

thanks to everyone for feedback so far and thanks to PFE100 for taking control of this on TacComms and driving the project forward (aka kicking my backside when i get distracted by mundane things like real life) :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So appreciating that I haven't picked a Supreme Commander, this is the type of list that I would probably run with.

Colossus
Master Craftsman

Colossus
Master Craftsman

Overload Airship
Master Craftsman

Overload Airship
Master Craftsman

Azdak sappers guild
Spartans

Azdak sappers guild
Spartans

Cyclops

Land Train
Master Craftsman
Berserker BC
Skyhammer BC
Bomb BC
Bomb BC

Plenty of first turn artillery before rushing forwards at the enemy.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

think u will find u have too many Master Craftsmen - 1 per 1000 points, so with ur list there should only be 3...

i guess list construction has a lot to do with local meta - we have a lot of flyers and teleporters in the local scene and i would be looking for more AA protection and also scout formations (ie Iron Hawk Recon Squadron)...also found the Trikes to be a very handy formation...good movement with MW attacks makes them great for grabbing objectives or chasing down those damnable b#$@%ds with reinforced armour saves...

perhaps a reflection of my playing style but i like to keep the colossus & cyclops intermingled or close together...with them supporting each other, even just two of them, it makes it a very difficult prospect in engagements...in the games i have used that tactic i havent lost a Colossus or Cyclops, even when 8 stand of termies are trying to munch them...