Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Squat Movement: What should it be?
I have played with the 10cm Squat move and think it works. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
I have played with the 10cm Squat move and think is doesn't work. 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
I haven't played with the 10cm Squat move but I think it sounds dandy. 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
I haven't played with the 10cm Squat move but think is sounds utterly ridiculous. 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
I have played with the 10cm Squat move and am undecided. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have not played with the 10cm Squat move and am undecided. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Let's try 12cm! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
12cm? Are flippin' kidding me? It can't be divided by 5!!!! 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
I'm just here to watch the fight and eat popcorn. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34

Squat Movement: 10cm vs 15cm

Post subject: Re: Squat Movement: 10cm vs 15cm
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heh.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

stompzilla wrote:
Black Templars are a core list and are deemed balanced and tournament legal and even underwent a review just last year based on a good length of time of tournament play and are as balanced a list as you're likely to find.

Additionally squat have been tested againt other tournament accepted lists from a strict ruling body, including Chaos, different types of Eldar, standard marines and others.

If we're finding and demonstrating these problems that are so frequently occuring in our squat games against a variety of opponents and ours is apparently the only gaming group to have thee issues, then what does that say? Some of our members attend a tournament a month and compete against the bet in the world....

We've been quite tranparent in our reults and methods. They're there for analysis and fault finding. Lets ses some reports from these groups who apparently have no problems, so that the favour can be returned.

Additionally, the tournament-centric mind-set is what tests the balance of lists and their fairness and playability. If you haven't got a good list to work from, then all the fluff in the world isn't going to make people want to play with or against it. Once you've got a good, fair and characterful list then you can knock yourself out with fluff writing or whatever else you like and it'll actually be used and ENJOYED both by opponents and the squat players themselves.

Without a good list though, all you have is apretty book full of cr*p + pictures and fluff and a list that'll only br dug out every once in a while, rather than enjoyed week in week out.

You say tournament-centric, I say list design-centric.

Also, how i coming up with a new idea that won't work better than repeating one that I know will? You've already stated that the only reason it's not being considered, despite all the good, logical arguments for it, or similar rules, is that YOU don't like it and YOU find it boring.

In my opinion, you are a terrible designer of army lists. I include the Necrons, recently been torn to shreds and put back together into a workable list by people who are not terrible, in this.

That's me. Done. Interest fled. I have precious little enough spare time without wasting it banging my head against your wall of illogic, double standards and whimsy.

If Chris wants to write his own squat list (Which I've recommended he do on several occasions) I'll help but I refuse to waste anymore of my precious gaming time, play-testing this atrocious list and banging my head off of your wall of idiocy.

Dummy, well and truly spat out of the pram.

I would love to see some batreps, but it seems I've actually gotten complaints about you specifically where certain folk don't want to deal with the aggravation of locking horns with the Stompzilla. My group refuses to participate out here precisely because of the out-n-out snobbery on display here. That leaves me doing all the work. Besides, I'm not sure how you expect a playtest to NOT show a problem.

I didn't design the Necron list - although I tried to patch it together the best I could with skills that are apparently lost on you, not exclusively civility, collaboration, and patience. But good on ya for showing your true colors, Stompzilla. I reckon you conduct yourself the same way in the real world so I tip my wide-brimmed hat to your friends who somehow tolerate your company. I'll leave your comments here because they showcase your personality so well.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Locking this thread. Move discussion to the Stubborn thread where we can be more constructive.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5