Login |  Register |  FAQ

Adepta Sororitas AC Position

Post subject: Adepta Sororitas AC Position
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Since there is a few interested in taking on the Sisters army list. I thought i had better put up a post for applicants. PM me and if you could send me an army list or ideas where you want to take the list.

Ill leave this up for a week.

Thanks
Norto

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Adepta Sororitas AC Position
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hopefully whoever takes it on still means icanhaz giant churchtanks yes? :)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You already know I've put ]my hand up for it :P

jimmyzimms wrote:
Hopefully whoever takes it on still means icanhaz giant churchtanks yes? :)

Unfortunately not in my version, haha.
Except the big one maybe.... the dc3 ones are terrible
They're just sooooo bad. I tried to make them work wit hthe 1.5 lit. But they just don't have a good battlefield roll/don't gell well..... and then people will complain oflist bloat if you leave them in

Last edited by Mard on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Norto and Mard I also asked via PM to be the AC of Sisters.

Whoever gets the AC for Sisters/Ministorum, I will continue with my current Experimental list.

I love the whole idea of giant cathedrals rolling along with hordes of faithful redemptionists chanting along while sisters and their allies move forward with flamer, bolter and occasionally Melta mowing down the unclean, the witch and the unbelievers as they move forward.

I agree that the mobile chapels, even in pairs are not worth their points. I tried the Guardian Angel Light assault jump titan out in a couple games, and it is not too powerful not is it too weak. Stats similar to a Warhound, but one of the medium ranged weapons is replaced by a TK CC weapon. and it gets jump (until it is criticalled). For 275 points, it lasts about as long as a Warhound, but has the benefit of being able to jump over terrain to engage enemy. I have a pair of Chapels myself, but tend not to use them as they are like Ork GunFortresses, and tend to get destroyed fairly easily.

The Cathedral is a decent Church WE tank however, as its Force fields means it usually survives long enough to attempt to remove blast markers and regain shields. Its weapons are a little better ranged as well.

I just wish the 2 shapeways stores that make conversion kits for the sisters vehicles made a kit for the Repressor on its own without having both the exorcist and immolator parts in the same kit. I now have an over abundance of Exorcists, a few extra immolators, and not enough repressors.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce Mard with be taking on the sisters list.

Thanks everyone who volunteered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Please do leave both the 3DC and the much larger WE ones in the list. If the existing ones are problematic then just change them! If I want to use the Sisters list my go to would be the Epic-UK one if it weren't for the lack of these WE (that I feel a very thematic for the army) and I'd hope they would be available here instead. I have seen a number of conversions for 3DC size sisters WE (both epic and 40k ones) and it would suck for those players that have them painted up were they no longer able to use them.

Last edited by GlynG on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I sort of agree. I have built a pair of the 3DC Mobile Chapels using Dystopian wars models. I also used a larger Dystopian wars miniature for the much larger Mobile Cathedral.

On both WEs the greatest weakness is weapons ranges and on the smaller ones the lack of Shields and the fact that their Critical causes them to blow up. However most DC2 or DC3 WE tend to blow up once they get criticalled - Warhounds type WE are the exception.

Shields are easily taken down, and thus concentrated fire can easily destroy one of them, breaking the other. They are fearless but still have to move or be run down in engagements.

The only thing other than increasing their main weapons range to about 45cm that I can think that would improve them is to add the thick rear armour rule to both types of WE. Alternately you could keep them as they are but reduce their cost by 50 to 100 points for the pair. That however will be Mard's decision, and any changes will need to be tested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually as TinyTim has repeatedly pointed out elsewhere, plenty of DC3 WE don't explode. TRA is probably situational but still welcome. Zombo, who started the first list, back in the depths of time had envisioned the church tanks as being based on the Stormlord chassis. E&C's Cadians based list could probably do with the same boost.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Guys

I'll havea revised list out early this week, just getting over a project here at work Monday.Tuesday>

After discussing with Norto church tanks will be back in as an option with the next release.