Login |  Register |  FAQ

Orders Xenos Deathwatch

Post subject: Orders Xenos Deathwatch
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been messing around with this list for a while, it covers a more Inquisition based list but with some Deathwatch formations as well.
Attachment:
Ordos Xenos Deathwatch.pdf [481.2 KiB]
Downloaded 668 times

Attachment:
Deathwatch QR V1.0.pdf [464.57 KiB]
Downloaded 469 times

Updated list smoothing parts out and points adjustments
Attachment:
Ordos Xenos Deathwatch V1.0.1.pdf [733.12 KiB]
Downloaded 424 times

Attachment:
Deathwatch QR V1.0.1.pdf [472.51 KiB]
Downloaded 360 times

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Orders Xenos Deathwatch
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like it and with all my extra marines I could easily whip this force up no problem. Problem is in the balance.

The DW termies are way undercosted. 350 is the same cost as the codex astares. Killteam is better so you need to pay for it. The weapons are better, plus they remove 1 blast marker when teleporting in. Should be 425 for 4.

Capitol Imperialis and Black Fortress should say termies count as 2 units for transporting.

I do like it though and after I get through the 3 other epic armies I'm working on I could see doing this one

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

oh wow how did I miss this getting rebooted? =/

This looks pretty cool and if I may note, works just as well as a conceptual force of Marines working with the Inquisition in a battle, not just as an actual Deathwatch only force. That is nice.

A couple of quick notes:
-Siege Dreadnoughts have a existing unit in marine land already. While not required to be the same, I think it's good from a consistency standpoint to perhaps consider adopting already approved stats here. Also as a pedantic note, twin Assault Cannons is about as not-siegey as they come! ;D

Siege Dreadnought
AV 15cm 3+ 4+ 4+
Flamestorm Cannon
15cm AP3+, Ignore Cover
(15cm) Small arms, Ignore Cover
Heavy Flamer
15cm AP4+, Ignore Cover
(15cm) Small arms, Ignore Cover
Siege Drill (base contact)
assault weapon, MW EA+1
-The Black Citadel
Ummm 600 points basically for a Planetfalling DC7 WE seems a bit extreme, no? Especially one that puts out a 45cm 4x AA bubble around itself and carries it's own infantry screen.
-The intention is allowing 2 spacecraft in an army here? (granted that's more than likely going to be a bane not a boon in the GT scenario)
-The list has a Thunderhawk detachment but the QC has the Thunderhawk Destructor.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I glad there is some interest in this list, I know there will be some problems with balance but this is a stand point.

Quote:
The DW termies are way undercosted. 350 is the same cost as the codex astares. Killteam is better so you need to pay for it. The weapons are better, plus they remove 1 blast marker when teleporting in. Should be 425 for 4.

Well your right about the cost, I was putting them at the same cost as in marine codex but in hindsight they should be costed higher although 425 is a bit high, the weapons are slightly better (plasma cannon are slow fire) and the teleport homer is only on rally and regroup. I'd say 375/400.

Quote:
Capitol Imperialis and Black Fortress should say termies count as 2 units for transporting.

Yes that is the case, i'll change that.

Quote:
-Siege Dreadnoughts have a existing unit in marine land already. While not required to be the same, I think it's good from a consistency standpoint to perhaps consider adopting already approved stats here. Also as a pedantic note, twin Assault Cannons is about as not-siegey as they come! ;D

The fluff points towards the auto-cannon (it has auto-cannon not assault cannon) and siege hammer are the preferred weapons on the deathwatch siege dreadnought and it's deathwatch in name after all.

Quote:
-The intention is allowing 2 spacecraft in an army here? (granted that's more than likely going to be a bane not a boon in the GT scenario)

The organization section says there can only be 0-1 spacecraft per army, it also explains the transport restrictions.

Quote:
-The list has a Thunderhawk detachment but the QC has the Thunderhawk Destructor.

Need change that to thunderhawk destructor detachment.

Quote:
-The Black Citadel
Ummm 600 points basically for a Planetfalling DC7 WE seems a bit extreme, no? Especially one that puts out a 45cm 4x AA bubble around itself and carries it's own infantry screen.

Yeah I think it may need toning down a bit or increase in points, this thing needs testing. I did nerf it slightly from the original xenos list.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ahh i can see that buried in the text now. I think it's perhaps clearer if instead of two lines you simply condense it to a single one such as=>

Space Craft 0-1
Upgrades: None
1 Space Marine Strike Cruiser 200points
OR
1 Rogue Trader Cruiser 100points

cool!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

At a quick glance I have two points not covered already:

1. Im wondering why you have separated Inquisitorial Rhinos/Razorbacks/LRs from their Deathwatch counterparts when they have exactly the same stat Line?

No real ideas how to implement it but it would seem to me that human crewed vehicles might have some disadvantage, or even advantages, that would justify it. Since even heavily armoured humans can only be about 60% the size and maybe 20% the weight of an Astartes, not to mention other over the top genetic modifications, these factors might matter somewhat.

It's a minor point but it does clutter up the quick reference sheet a bit

2. You haven't specified how many stands a LR Crusader can carry (3?)

I love the Deathwatch, probably my favourite unit in the 40k universe, so this is something I'm gonna watch develop with great interest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll help work on this once the SoB are complete dude. But the lovely ladies come first!
Though i did paint some Deathwatch marines in trouble as one of my SoB objectives. Just working on my Rhino Doors to finish it up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good point jimmyzimms I'll make it clearer on spaceship selection.

Quote:
1. Im wondering why you have separated Inquisitorial Rhinos/Razorbacks/LRs from their Deathwatch counterparts when they have exactly the same stat Line?

Well the reason they have different names because the deathwatch vehicles benefit from "they shall know no fear" special rule and the inquisition vehicles don't although they have the same stats.

Quote:
2. You haven't specified how many stands a LR Crusader can carry (3?)

You right I need to clarify the transport spaces, btw good to have you Sayrewolf on board.