Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0

Post subject: Re: Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with the idea of swopping standard sisters for other up-grades.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers guys, good feedback. I'm going try a similar list some point soon and was talking to T-T he was suggesting a the same solution about unit upgrades of replacing with celestine etc. This would make them more attractive to take especially if they were cheaper, also I think a points increase on the cards for mission/dominion.
Regarding the characters I also think it would be best to lost the inspiring on palatine and have the option of taking priest as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any news on playtest rules? Or stuff we can try out with the WEs or differences in the Org chart.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I got a game planned in a couple of weeks, I am going to spam the mission/dominion with the points increase that rug and scutarii suggested, including removing the inspiring from the palatine and making the priest available to missions. I have also cleaned the list up a lot and will post it once I am done with the play test.
Dominion
Dominion
Dominion
Dominion
Mission
Mission
Mission + Priest
Mission + Canoness
Mission + Palentine
Mission + Priest
Lightnings
Lightnings
Lightnings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With that list I think you're missing a Palatine for the Dominions, a single dominion squad going in is - while unpleasant - quite soluble. Having three of them dive in as a Combined Engagement with a Commander is a much nastier proposition.

Will be interesting to see how they fare working solo or acting as vicious supporting fire units.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was thinking to drop the character option from the dominion altogether, in order to make them less desirable. I don't want must have formations in the list, to encourage more variety in what people take.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Consul Avenging Angel wrote:
Regarding the characters I also think it would be best to lost the inspiring on palatine and have the option of taking priest as well.
If the Palatine were to lose a characteristic then I'd rather Palatine lost Commander to keep it at 50 points. More of the inspiring hero type rather than a battlefield commander? Actually I'd rather they kept everything and just put the points up?

Consul Avenging Angel wrote:
I was thinking to drop the character option from the dominion altogether, in order to make them less desirable. I don't want must have formations in the list, to encourage more variety in what people take.
They already don't have a shooting attack in their off the shelf version. Why not just bump the points up 25 as suggested above?

Any movement on giving the Repressor the Walker characteristic to reflect it's urban assault role and acknowledge it's dozer blade? I see somebody suggested reducing it to 20 points, . . . ? Walker might be an alternative.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Any movement on giving the Repressor the Walker characteristic to reflect it's urban assault role and acknowledge it's dozer blade? I see somebody suggested reducing it to 20 points, . . . ? Walker might be an alternative.

The repressor does have the walker ability and is staying at 25 points (I updated the QR a while ago), it's armed with a heavy flamer and a better FF including the walker rule.
Quote:
If the Palatine were to lose a characteristic then I'd rather Palatine lost Commander to keep it at 50 points. More of the inspiring hero type rather than a battlefield commander? Actually I'd rather they kept everything and just put the points up?

I would lean towards the commander ability rather than inspiring as they are the field officers as oppose to symbols of heroism/courage like the priests, but with a points increase they might have both. Although doing that would make taking characters expensive.

As for characters in Dominion I was thinking either doping the characters and/or removing the additional Dominions because they are so good even without a shooting attack, so far I think they need a points increase anyhow whether including characters or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Had a game tonight against epic UK orks (I will post a report tomorrow at some point). I think the points increase on the mission/dominion is needed and the change in stats of the characters as well. I will post the proposed changes and the revised list over the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great! Excited to read it and very excited to see the list

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello,

How about adding the 'transport' option to the Inquisitorial Warband formation in order to make it a slightly more competitive choice compared to the missions? Free rhinos and the options for repressors and immolators would make it more attractive, plus it can already gain access to other av transport options, so it wouldn't be fundamentally changing the role of the formation.

This would also make it possible to field counts as Arbites using the list, with Warrior Acolytes to represent standard arbites and Henchmen Crusaders to represent riot shield wielding arbites.

Apologies if I shouldn't be adding my 2p without doing some playtesting first, just thought maybe a subtle change like this may add more variety to what people choose in their lists.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You have a point there tc63, I havn't tested Inquisitors much but the next game I will give them a go, mainly for the land party transport option. For 275 points I get a 8 strong formation plus skimmer transport with commander, some good AT/AP and various henchmen, I reckon I'll take a couple formations maybe three.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Comments on Adepta Sororitas V1.0

I've not been following this list's development very closely, but thought I'd have a look at the army since I've always liked SOB and the Sisterhood Nemesis Bikes from onslaught are such tempting miniatures :D
Here are some things I found during my first stab at examining the list.

[] The way the list is currently written doesn't actually explicitly limit players to a single Canoness (Supreme Commander). (I assume this is because we all just take the limit of 1 for granted)

[] Based on its stats, the relatively short range of its weapons and its cost I recommend the Cathedral of Purification by tried with the 'Thick Rear Armour' rule. TBH it doesn't look that appealing an inclusion.

[] "War Engine formations have an initiative of 2+." - I recommend The Emperor’s Chapels and Cathedral of Purification join the basic sisters in becoming 1+ to activate.

[] As far as I can tell, the 200pt Inquisitorial Warrior Acolytes formation can include 8 units with the Leader rule. I am not saying there's a reason to go so high, but just looking at what is possible.

[] Servitors provide 16 heavy bolter shots for 200 points. Should they also be their current CC5+ instead of CC6+?

[] Inquisitorial Henchmen Penitent provide 8 macro weapon FF5+ attacks with First Strike for 200pts. First strike macro FF and access to a priest (inspiring leader fearless inv) upgrade makes them interesting, have they been tried en masse yet as a clipping force in fast transports? They seem like budget Warpspider+Exarch units.

[] Is the "Aquila Lander" not really supposed to be a landing craft? It's fine as AV Skimmer, similar to a Valkyrie or wave serpent, I am essentially asking if the vehicle isn't really supposed to be a considerably more expensive flying transport.

[] "Add 1 Aquila Lander and 3 Arvus Lighters armoured vehicles to transport the formation" - should this section also have the text '(You must take exactly enough to carry all units in the formation after any upgrades have been added. No transport spaces may be left over if possible)'? Currently, it's only implied and not explicit that Exorcists can't take this as an upgrade, and for infantry there is no clear restriction on the infantry maxing out on taking enough Immolators/Repressors and then adding the aquilas too.

[] And finally, Bikes. Any chance of some Bikes? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Id like to echo some of what Matt said here. I dont own the models or proxied them, but they are planned to be my 18th (and possibly last) epic army to own. With always likeing the sisters, id like to keep em up to date with the power of other races/lists.

1. Cathedral and Chapel should both have thick rear armor. Its almost a auto include in any WEs. Terminators have it. These are giant armored land fortresses, they should too.

2. As stated, WEs are usually almost all 1+. These ones should also be 1+

3. Bikes would be cool. (As there are models). I can see the issue not wanting to add them as their role is already filled out for fast attack from the Seraphim. BUT addming them would be good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next