Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant v1.3

Post subject: Re: Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant v1.3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
New digital codex for the Adepta Sororita (aka Sister sof Battle):
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/10/ne ... rgaming%29

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hope this is the right place. Was wondering if you intended a special transport rule with the Chapels formation of two Emperor's Chapels.

In the tournament pack FAQs it says

Quote:
Q. Can a formation of War Engines with Transport capability split a formation of troops amongst each WE?
A: No. Section 3.1.3 of the rules is quite explicit about this; a War Engine Transport vehicle can carry units from another formation, as long as the entire formation can fit inside the War Engine. So the formation being carried by a single WE has to be able to be fully contained in that WE. If a single WE from a formation of multiple WEs cannot fit the entire formation (being transported) within its Transport capacity then you can not spread the excess units from the formation to another WE.

According to this only a formation of 4 units could be carried and none of the army's formations start this small. Well, except the 4 unit Dominion formation who have to have a transport option (not a Chapel) so that stops that option.

Without a special rule the Chapels only really offer a refuge for formations after they have taken casualties. I guess that this could be a reasonable fluff option but makes them rather less useful, I'd have thought.

I seem to remember army lists having special rules to allow such a thing. For example, Tau Tiger Sharks with Gun Drones. Presumably the same problem applies to the Space Marine Thunderhawk Transporters, and hence you get the special wording in Thunderhawk Transporter stats/points Discussion. But weirdly not in many of the Compendium army lists.
Quote:
Type Speed Armour Close Combat Firefight
WE, Aircraft Bomber 4+ 5+ 6+
Weapon Range Firepower Notes
Heavy Bolter Array 15cm 2 x AA5+
Notes: DC2, Reinforced Armour, Transport: (2 Rhino chassis vehicles or 1 Land Raider chassis vehicle, in addition it may carry any infantry transported in those vehicles). Critical Hit Effect: The Thunderhawk’s control surfaces are damaged. The pilot loses control and the Thunderhawk crashes to the ground, killing all on board.The entire Thunderhawk Transporter formation is counted as one War Engine for the War Engine transport rule (e.g. one transported formation can be split between multiple aircraft within one Thunderhawk Transporter formation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a good point. I've never liked the war engine transport rules; almost all transports have a special rule to ignore it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, I really like your armylist, decided to star a sisters army because of it, thanks for the effort. A few change suggestion tough:

-I feel the arco-flagellants and sisters repentia are too durable and not different enough from each other and the redemptionists. Neither has armor at all in the new codex and let’s face it they aren’t wearing much anything. IG guardsmen have helmet and trenchcoat and maybe flak armor and gas mask and they still get no save. My suggested profile changes are as follows:

Arco-Flagellant: no armor save, CC to 4+ in stead of 2+ but with added extra attack (+1), this makes them actually slightly better and less predictable in close combat, which is more consitent with the fluff I think. The unit cost should go down from 250p to something like 180-190p, because the 33% drop in armor to nothing IS a big deal.

Sisters Repentia: no armor save (they are wearing bikinis!), added first strike. This makes them more desperate fighters, win or die, no middle ground. Granted they would have to use cover to get close, but the already existing MW helps to survive say marines. Price would go down to 200-210p, again the armor thing. This would make them more believable and more like the originals and a bit different to use from each other.

Redemptionists: CC to 5+ from 4+, currently they fight like marines and better than sisters who are trained from birth. Sure they are fanatics but that shouldn’t make them better at it. FF to 5+ from 6+, ok it would make them as good as IG, but I figure it’s more of a quantity rather than quality thing with their autoguns and flamers. Also adding extra attack (+1) to fire fight and/or ignore cover would emphasize their use of flamers. This would require rising their cost from 150p to at least 250p, yes they wouldn’t be such a cheap meat screen any more, but pretty cheap still. One thing that could be done with them is to make separate CC and FF units, one with evicerators and one with exterminators, with different stats. Onslaught Miniatures currently have good proxies for both and for heavy stubber/-flamer units as well.

-Maybe just one extra attack for the penitent engine. That would be consistent with terminators and dreadnoughts and other things that get one extra attack.

-I would like to see the sisters also have Aquila Lander and Arvus Lighter, maybe Gun-Cutter too in their list as options. Currently they aren’t much of a ranged army especially if you don’t use the IG guys. That’s ok, but it means they have to be very mobile not to get their asses handed to them.

Anyway that’s what I’m using,

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good ideas -except the First strike -only a few powerful units have them -like the Howling Banshees (surprise, ladies again) -for their very very special very very unique wargear -a motivated bikini wearing nun should show something more serious to get it :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As a bump to this, and to hopefully see it played more
I've started to write up v1.3 into AF

Doing this around work, so it may not be done till the end of the week, But this army is next on my list to make after i get 3k of Vraks done

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good on ya, Mard. (i really need to dig my sisters out of storage and finish them off while I'm at it)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, which Sisters lists are being developed actively?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23