Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant v1.3

Post subject: Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant v1.3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've taken it upon myself to write a Sisters of Battle army list from a different direction; rather than a Witch Hunters force, it's a deployment of the Sisters of Battle by the Ecclesiarchy. Since the Adepta Sororitas are the Orders Militant of the Adeptus Ministorum, this is perfectly fine background-wise. It also means more Ecclesiarchy units and formations can be included.

So, enough chit-chat. I present for your inspection the Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant Army List v1.1

Comments, ideas, typos, flaming, hatred etc all welcome.

EDIT: Updated to v1.4

Attachment:
Epic Hive - Adeptus Ministorum.pdf [1.27 MiB]
Downloaded 1531 times

Last edited by zombocom on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Adeptus Ministorum Orders Militant v1.0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

..and there was much rejoicing. Yay!

Downloaded and saved for reading in the Dark hours when no-one is looking    :p

Thanks for doing this Zombo.  :agree:

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (beelzemetz @ Feb. 19 2010, 08:49 )

at first, nice list!

just from a short read, my comments:

strategy rating of 4 is maybe a bit high.
the army contains religious rabble, so maybe sr 3?

only the sepharim and the characters have faithful?!?

why has the repressor walker, but not the other tanks?

arco-flagellants cc 2+? wow!

repressor has the dozer at the front to clear away rabble, so it's designed to move through cover.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Typo time - Marauder Fighters are something I'd love to see  :p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

List looks generally good, glad to see you are doing a separate Sisters variant with a different direction so that Lord Is list still stands for those who prefer the to field a more Inquisitional Witch Hunters list. Hopefully in time the stats for the lists can be brought in line so the same units are the same in each.

What's wrong the Repentia Confessional Hena? They are Battle Sisters units, not Eclesiarchy.

I agree that Seraphim should loose the ignore cover weapon hand flamers, they're an optional special weapon upgrade that's not worthy of representing in epic and they are generally armed with bolt pistols. Fast jump pack sisters are useful as they are anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What's the reason for the Sisters' Hunter to have better armour than a Marine Hunter?  Sv4+ vs Sv5+

And isn't the Exorcist also a "basic" Rhino variant or does it have some extra armour to warrant Sv4+?

Looks good so far... though, I too, agree that the Strategy Rating is rather high.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Looks like a very good start.  Did you rip from Lord_I's Inquisition list?

Though I can see that Marauders are aircraft and the only barrage in a very short-ranged list which might make them disproportionately valuable, I think you could start with the lower Marauder point cost from the NetEA mods.

The Exorcist point cost might be something to watch.  Cross-army comparison caveats and all that, but they are worse than Predators regarding firepower, don't have TSKNF and are only available to formations with much shorter ranged weapons which somewhat mitigates the advantages of their range.

I agree that the 0-1 on the Repentia is a bit odd.  Do you really think it's needed?  Background-wise a "Repentia crusade" might be a cool army idea.  With respect to balance they don't seem like especially good units to form the backbone of a list.  You might just be able to drop it.

Finally ... no Ministorum Cathedral?  Maybe I'm still mired in older background fiction but the Sororitas tracked fortress seems like such an iconic image that it would be a shame not to include it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (beelzemetz @ Feb. 19 2010, 08:49 )

strategy rating of 4 is maybe a bit high.
the army contains religious rabble, so maybe sr 3?

Perhaps, though the core of the army is sisters, and with their lack of ranged weaponry they really need a decent SR to stand a chance.

Quote: 

only the sepharim and the characters have faithful?!?

Correct, same as in 40k. It also makes the palatine worth taking, as otherwise I probably would just take preachers, much as Space Marine Chaplains are taken ahead of Captains. I upped the power of faithful from Lord I's list, so the downside is that sniping the characters gets rid of it.

Quote: 

why has the repressor walker, but not the other tanks?

It has a big dozer blade and was originally designed for the adeptus arbites as an urban pacifier, so it's designed for crossing rubble. I'll add a note to explain it. I really wish walker had been named differently from the start.

Quote: 

arco-flagellants cc 2+? wow!

Frankly I'm not all that sure what to do with arco-flaggelants. I didn't want to go macro on their because that'd make them too similar to repentia, but frankly representing them at all is difficult. They can never use transports or be part of another formation due to their background, so they're a bit of a sore thumb.

Lord I had them as part of inquisitor formations and had them teleport into the formation midgame much like daemons. While this is a cool way of representing their stimm injectors being activated, it's not very background representitive.

I'm open to any suggestions on a direction for them; their current stats/cost/formation are basically a placeholder as the best I could think of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Mephiston @ Feb. 19 2010, 10:51 )

Typo time - Marauder Fighters are something I'd love to see  :p

Whoops, cheers for the spot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Hena @ Feb. 19 2010, 11:10 )

1. Faithful. This seems like a perfect defend the blitz ability and it can create the annoying feel of playing against all fearless. That said should it also work if they are broken (or possibly after failing to rally)? With fearless I'd assume broken but the rally roll failing would end it in end phase thus making them worse at sitting on objective.

Hmmm, the rule probably needs rewriting somewhat to cover being broken. I'll have a think about it.

It is intended as a rule to help them hold objectives, yeah, but I'm not sure it'll be overpowering. Playtests rule here I think. Again, I've changed it somewhat from Lord I's version, so we'll see.

Quote: 

2. I agree with the SR4 being too good. I also wonder if ini 1+ is a bit too much. They aren't Space Marines. Ini 2+ should do fine and possibly add +1 for engage or something with SR3.

They're definitely staying at 1+; they may not be genetically modified like marines, but they're just as well trained.

SR I'm happy to move on if most people think it should go down.

Quote: 

3. Repentia Confessional. I think this sits there like a sore thumb. Perhaps move to Ecclesiastic Detachments.

Because of the 0-1 per other core limit? Yes, that's pretty awkward and is honestly only there to avoid an all fearless army. They won't move to Ecclesiarchy because they're still sisters of battle, but I might get rid of the limit, since as Neal says, they're not amazing.

Quote: 

4. Heroine and Priest upgrades. I'd change them to Supreme and non supreme upgrades. It would remove the extra 'can take only one ...' and make it look cleaner.

Hmmm, maybe. I can see the merits of both ways.

Quote: 

5. Seraphim. No IC + assault wpns is possible please. Hand Flamers is too much a detail ... really it is. Oh, there was some other with IC + assault wpns, same applies there.

Direct copy from Lord I's list. I'm happy to lose the ignore cover, though it's on small arms rather than assault weapons.

Quote: 

6. Repentia. Infiltrate ... only for getting them to CC easily?

Partly, and partly consistency with 40k. I've given everything with the holy rage rule from 40k infiltrators (Repentia, Arco-Flag, Penitents). In 40k it means they get a bonus move straight toward the nearest enemy. Lord I had given them 20cm move instead.

If space marine scouts can get it I don't see why Repentia can't, given that their defining characteristic is running as fast as possible towards the enemy. They'll mostly be transported, so it won't make a huge difference a lot of the time, and with no FF they really need to get into combat.

Quote: 

7. Immolator. Perhaps copy the weapon from Hellhound?

The Immolator is armed with a twin heavy flamer, not an inferno cannon. It's slightly cheaper than a razorback due to the probably worse weapon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ Feb. 19 2010, 11:32 )

I agree that Seraphim should loose the ignore cover weapon hand flamers, they're an optional special weapon upgrade that's not worthy of representing in epic and they are generally armed with bolt pistols. Fast jump pack sisters are useful as they are anyway.

It was a direct rip from Lord I's list. Consider it gone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Chroma @ Feb. 19 2010, 13:54 )

What's the reason for the Sisters' Hunter to have better armour than a Marine Hunter?  Sv4+ vs Sv5+

Typo, cheers for the spot.

Quote: 

And isn't the Exorcist also a "basic" Rhino variant or does it have some extra armour to warrant Sv4+?

Nope, it has front armour 13 in 40k compared to a rhino's 11. That's predator level.

Quote: 

Looks good so far... though, I too, agree that the Strategy Rating is rather high.

If that continues to be a common opinion then it'll change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next