Login |  Register |  FAQ

State of the Inquisition

Post subject: State of the Inquisition
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

hi,

Sorry for the delay. I started a new job January 1st, teaching Computer Science to 10-12th grade high school students and they leave me empty and soul-less at the end of the day. Anyway starting to get adjusted and now have time to AC the Inquisition.

Sisters of Battle:
The Sisters list has gone through several revisions and compositions, along with stat changes and unit changes. The most current list has them with Core, Support and Auxiliary Detachments then the standard war engines, flyers. I have played a few games with this revision and find it more structured in list design. The focus on the Missions as core and the Exorcist as the standard Armoured Vehicle. This fits the fluff and brings a little balance to the list. The Support are specialized troops and provide good options for designing different play styles. The Auxiliary provide the units not seen a lot but do show up when the Inquisition need further clean up for the heretics.

I will stick with this version and work towards balance on the points. Their is still a debate about Chapels as transport options so further play-testing is required for this. I think it adds a nice element to the army but as Chapels are not in the fluff it more something of a different option for the list to bring uniqueness.

Death Watch:
I have never played Marines before in Epic however played against them plenty of times and they are annoying with their Blast Marker rules. I did get a game of Death Watch in vs the Tau several weeks ago. Though I lost i found the list quiet reasonable and tough to play against and even tougher to play well with due to their small formations.

The Marines units are each specialized with many having extra attacks in CC or firefight. They have excellent armour and standard Marine transport options in Rhinos and Drop Pods as free. One thing that really hurts them is the small formation size of 4 which cant be expanded. One thing that works is the transport options of Rhinos, Drop Pods, Thunderhawk, Landing Craft, Corvus Black Star. Fluff wise Death Watch are called upon by the Inquisitorial force who need that extra 'nudge' to deal with any heretics. Since Death Watch were not a standard marine formation and consisted of volunteers from other chapters for limited service, making all marines core could be lookedat , possibly moving some to a support role, or even adding that One inquisitorial unit must be taken. This is something we can exam. I am in the process of building a Death Watch list and will be taking them to Fall In this March for three games plus further testing before hand.

Grey Knights:
Again Marines. I did look at what has been discussed and the list it self. Again going from others experience it seems the list is in a good spot and could be open to making official after the standard 18 or so games are played.

Go Forward:
The traitor-legion army builder site needs to be modified for the current version of the Sisters list.
The traitor-legion army builder site needs to be modified for the Death Watch as the point costs are not accurate.
Further playtesting of Sisters, Death Watch and Grey Knights. Please post results/battle reports for tracking.
Any further suggestions on changes or issues with any lists please let me know via the board. i am now in a better position to respond in timely manner.

Thanks

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: State of the Inquisition
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Are the lists correct on here?

If so, they will be updated once the server is refreshed, otherwise a list of changes in the main armyforge thread would be a huge help in my updating them for you :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:48 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

kyussinchains wrote:
Are the lists correct on here?

If so, they will be updated once the server is refreshed, otherwise a list of changes in the main armyforge thread would be a huge help in my updating them for you :)
Grey Knights look good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

hi Kyussinchains;

Sisters of Battle Website Changes:
Mission >> remove +40pt options for troops; exorcist are +35 points
Exorcist >> extra Exorcist are +35 points
Retribution >> 4 Ret/2 Celestian are +25pts; 4 Ret/2 Dominion are +15
Repentence >> Immolator and Retributors are +25points; Rhinos Free
Inquisitorial Strike force >> replace 2 Inq. Storm troopers with Death cult Assassin for 35 points; replace 1 Inq Storm trooper with 1 Inq. Support staff for 25 points ; replace 1-2 Inq. Storm troopers with 1-2 Inq. Veteran Warrior Acolytes for free

The Death Watch look good.
thanks
kal