Login |  Register |  FAQ

Turn 3 battle 4

Post subject: Turn 3 battle 4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/DNME2000/library/Campaign%20turn%203%20map%20movement/Turn%203%20battle%204

Well finally got together for the next battle, being another titan humdinger.

Me - 2 warlord bg, 2 x reaver bg, 2 warhound det
opponent - 4 warlord bg

Deployment
I deployed pretty spread out across the board as knew i would suffer if any one shot barrage storm hits me, with my opponent deploying mostly centre along to my right flank.

Turn 1
I get bombarded but luckily as spread out the damage limited from the barrages and some unlucky rolls. Sadly i loose a warlord and a reaver to the other weapons namely quake and volcano cannons. my opponents warlords a 50/50 mix og barrage with quake and quake/volcano cannons with deathstrike cannons also. Luckily i take out a warlord with one of my warp missiles setting the reactor off which doesn't save at end of turn. My vortex missiles land nicely but don't strip many shields at all, although engulfing a whole warlord stopping it firing.

end tun 1 - 13 vs 18 to me

Turn 2
Well i had hopes after surviving the storm to get the better of my opponent but alas with some big obstacles and line of site restricted he had numbers on my right (although their fire restricted by hill) and my left flank although having superioty had limited number of targets and restricted LOS. My close combat reavers i had sent forward to close with the enemy but they just became targets and 2 of them were gunned down. Also i lost another warlord to heavy fire as it was in the line of fire of about 6 other warlords. My last warp missile hits home and sets another reactor in my opponents warlord, and also shoot down another warlord. this warlord was shot down by 2 of my warhounds on the flank with their turbo lasers (awsome weapon).

end turn 2 - 31 vs 47 to me

Alas even though i had more vp's i was short of the 60 to win although my opponent had 31 vp's in destroyed units giviing him the win as 50% of my army destroyed in vp's. A good game although campaign wise i lost; in the long run my losses of 1 warlord and 3 reavers was far less then my opponents 4 warlords.

Hopefully next game in the campaign in 3 weeks time :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Turn 3 battle 4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That battle brought back a lot of memories from the early days of Adeptus Titanicus. Great to see a mob of titans involved in head to head conflict! Look forward to the next battle and following the campaign as it continues onwards, cheers for sharing!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

Post subject: Re: Turn 3 battle 4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah yes, the ClusterCuss that is Titans in close combat , sort of a Titan dogpile ! :D

my gaming blog https://vongutenboom.wordpress.com/