Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New take on Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: New take on Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post has been made redundant.

Last edited by redsimon on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New take on Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm back!
The last time I visited this forum was sometime in February 2010. Now I have returned.
And I have not been idle. The rules and background texts for Legio (the new name of the game) are in their final form in both German and English. The short story which shall be included in the rules has been finished in English on paper (it's much more inspiring if you're writing on paper), but needs to be typed into the computer and afterwards translated into German (remember, I'm planning a simultaneous release in both languages).

Also a fellow gamer has made pictures of Titan crew for me.
But I still need many more pictures for Legio. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, sketches would be enough. These can be finished in or used as drafts for later versions.

Therefore I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with the graphical work of Legio. I can write texts, but my drawing skills are nonexistent. I need drawings or sketches in black and white of Titan weapons, systems and of course Titans. I will provide a list of what I need for people willing to help.

Thank you for your attention. ;)

OH, and a micro preview:
Quote:
“The firepower of a mighty Titan is awesome to behold. It was on Balthor Sigma, when the Tiger Eyes invaded the planet, where I saw the Cockatrices fighting. With deafening fire-patterns they created a killing-field for the black and yellow striped Chaos Titans. Once an enemy was caught in this destructive net, it had no hope of survival. His shields would be stripped down by a hail of fire and then a single plasma shot or laser beam would finish it off. When the Cockatrices finally started their counterattack, I thought my heart would stop beating. Battle group prime, lead by the Warlord ‘Torch of Resistance’, charged into the heart of the enemy line. When they reached it, ‘Torch’ cut off the legs of the enemy command Titan with its Laser Burner, and the brave soldiers of the Emperor cheered their victory in the red sky.”

From “Experiencing the Heresy”, an eyewitness account of historian Baegon the Truthful

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I finished typing the short story (24 pages filled with my terrible handwriting) that will be included in Legio into a text file.
Compressed it's less than 10 pages (font size 11 times new roman). Already made some changes, but will reread it and change more. It really is nothing special, but will create some atmosphere. The protagonist is of course a Princeps (Legate rank) of Legio Metalica, fighting against the Tiger Eyes.
After the last changes all I need to do is translate it and all text work for Legio will be done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

6 more months have come and gone and not much work was done on Legio.
However, a fellow Epic gamer has already supplied drawings (or rather 3d graphics) of Titan close combat weapons and equipment.
Another person hasn't been very helpful, however it seems he gets replaced by another guy who said he would like to make more pictures for Legio. I hope he will supply pictures of ranged weapons so that afterwards some pictures of Titans carrying those weapons and systems can be made.

The rest of the work for the texts for Legio still has to be done. I will change the beginning of the short story (as the current beginning sucks). When I have done that I can translate it to German and finally I will have finished all texts for Legio (both in English and German).

All help for the project is still apreciated, please PM me if interested in drawing pictures of Titans, Titan combat, weapons and crew (Imperial and Chaoss Titans).

EDIT:
I just realised I started the project about 3 years ago. Well, in probably 3 more years it will be finished. ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I wrote a new beginning for the short story and came up with way better ideas than the first time. Should please a 40k fan. :)
I also translated about 25% of the short story.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All the work on the texts has been finished!
I did the last thing that was missng, translated the whole short story.

During the translation process I also changed those parts of the story I didn't like and wrote a completely new beginning and end.

That means all that is missing now are pictures (and of course the editing process, but we need the pictures first).

As I like teasers, here is a little one from the short story:

Quote:
“Combat readiness achieved, Legate. Shield capacity at 99.8%, turbo-recharging active, reactor energy feed at maximum. Praise be the machine god,” reported the Magos. “Only the machine is pure,” answered the Legate. “Then we can begin.” While the Magos linked directly with the shield generators, Kilian commanded the other Titans to form a column. “Lance” would accompany the column and watch the enemy fire.
The ground shook and debris fell from the nearby buildings when “Miles Paratus” made his first strides towards Naspad. The Reaver Titan carrying a triple armament of Laser Burners led the column and the other Titans followed. As they reached the part of the road that was in line of sight of the enemy guns, fire rained down on them. “Miles” was able to avoid the first salvo that set road and buildings on fire, but the next in line, “Son of Mars”, received the full firepower. Its shields were destroyed in half a second and the other half was enough to turn the Warlord Titan into a burning wreckage which held itself erect for a moment before it stumbled from the road and fell crunching on its side. The other titans tried to cover the distance with short sprints from one piece of cover to the next, with different results. “Lance” now came into the firezone as well. Kilian tried to remain calm, as a Volcano Cannon beam sliced through his first two shields at once and giant Quake Cannon shells exploded in balls of flame and shrapnel only a few metres away from his eyes. “Three shields down, recharging,” reported Magos Sander. Kilian hoped the accelerated recharging would suffice in this hail of fire.
Now and then the Titans in the column would snap a few shots at the attackers, but their position was too dangerous to risk direct combat. So they went on, ever closer to Naspad. “Machine Legionnaire” marched ahead of “Lance”, setting buildings on fire with his twin Inferno Guns to provide additional cover to the advance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have you set yourself a completion date ? Could be a new years resolution. Well that would be better than giving up alcohol !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Are you kidding? A completion date? New years resolution? :D ;D

I hope to have it ready in 2014. That is by no means a promise.
And I never make new years resolutions. I am a pessimist. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No new years resolution- Thats also one way to ensure you dont disappoint yourself !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Unfortunately one person who should have supplied drawings of Titan ranged combat weapons and equipment hasn't been very helpful and devlivered nothing.
So my cry for help to advance the project:

All help for the project is apreciated, please PM me if interested in drawing pictures of Titans or Titan combat and weapons (Imperial and Chaoss Titans).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

don't be a pessimist, rather be an realist :D! There's a huge difference!

I like the work you do. Could you give the current rules for proof reading or for playtest? My titans need some outing

Blogging about 6-15mm wargaming: http://www.lead-space.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Like posted before I only want to publish it when a basic version has been finished, including more or less crude pictures.

I only need help with those, the texts are completely finished.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any update on this?

New buildings for 3,6,8mm scale

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

is there any reason you can't simply photograph titan models?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ leaxe: Unfortunately no further progress, but I do await an answer from a contributor.

@ madd0ct0r: Because this is a creative project of making something new. It includes new Titans and weapons which I invented and I certainly don't want to scratchbuild all that stuff. Of course I will build some of it, but I prefer the look of a drawing to that of a crappy photograph of a Titan component with one of my crappy paint jobs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next