Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New take on Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: New take on Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Technically, the answer is 'no', and in the past, GW have asked people to remove such downloads from the web. However, recently, the attitude seems to have slackened - why I don't know, but you'd probably be fine offering it for downloads now.

Hm, maybe when the new SG site is active, it will be accepted in the download section. But first I have to finish and playtest it anyway. :smile:
I have to say though, that having now played E+C's version of AT, I'm not going back to AT2 in any form.
But you cannot convert me either. :tongue:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (redsimon @ 25 Oct. 2008, 18:50 )

Hm, maybe when the new SG site is active, it will be accepted in the download section. But first I have to finish and playtest it anyway. :smile:

Ummm... what new SG site? This is all we're getting, there's nothing more to come. The current SG site is being shut down, and replaced with what we have now - a minor presence in the main website.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know, but so far it doesn't even have an announcement page (or I haven't seen it yet).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (redsimon @ 26 Oct. 2008, 15:32 )

I know, but so far it doesn't even have an announcement page (or I haven't seen it yet).

That's correct, and that's the way it's going to stay. There's no announcement page, because there aren't going to be any announcements for the next few years at least.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not according to what was reported i.e. the re-release of several miniatures for example.

Anyway I will publish the stuff on another site.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Note that in the article where Jervis mentioned rereleases he also said it wouldn't be for a long time. It's an intention, but it's not on the current 2 year plan.

3-4 years minimum, and even then it's unlikely.

What we have now is what we will have for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post has been made redundant.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, I finally completed the first draft of the playtest version of my Titan game, without background yet. The finished playtest version will include sketches as artwork and fluff. Finished artwork is planned for the final version (not the final playtest version).

I can also reveal the game title: Adeptus Titanicus Legio

Downloadlinks deleted:
1.) I already changed a lot from the original downloadable draft.
2.) The plan is now to relaease it only once it is finished (layout, not playtesting).

I also have plans for supplements in the very, very far future. As you can see from the plans Cult Titans like the Banelord will not be included in the ordinary Chaos Titan army list.

My plans for supplements:
1. Xenos Invasion: Craftworld Eldar, Ork Clans and Tyranid rules and army lists

2. Machine Spirit: Chaos Cult Titans and Divisio Investigatus rules and army lists.

3. Knight Assault: Knight Households, Eldar Knights, Ork Stompas, Slaanesh Daemon Knights and Tyranid Trygons as additional options for army lists.

Last edited by redsimon on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting and encouraging thread! I too LOVE titans. I have never been a fan of infantry taking titans down, nor being able to wield weapons strong enough to strip shields. Just my opinion but bolters stripping shields--even HEAVY bolters doesn't really work for me. Now an Energy weapon or barrage weapon, then yes. No rules support my opinion and I don't play that way either it just always seemed weird to me. Save the titan killing stuff for other titans, super heavy tanks, or orbital bombardment and preserve the battlefield hierarchy!(I can dream can't I?)

As I recall there was an attempt to restrict infantrys' effect against titans way early on and revisited in ATII. Perhaps for playability it was abandonned as we can't make titans too invinceable can we? After all in this scale everything is meant to be representational and NOT too literal.

I see this as more an attempt to have battle drama at two different levels: the Small; infantry/tanks etc. on one level and the Big; Titans/Preatorians/Super Heavies/Knights on the other. Once the oponents titan threats had been nuetralized then(and ONLY then) friendly titans could bother to lend support to the struggling small units and their pitiful objectives--sorta what the TL titan mission cards attempted to address. Again, just this humble closet titan princeps opinion.

I look forward to seeing more of what you come up with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just a quick note on the name; the dog-latin GW uses would never use "Legio" as the last word in a name, it'd become "Legium" or similar. Declention and all that. Also I'm pretty sure actual Latin would need to have the "Legio" at the start to make any sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zombocom @ 02 Jun. 2009, 11:00 )

Just a quick note on the name; the dog-latin GW uses would never use "Legio" as the last word in a name, it'd become "Legium" or similar. Declention and all that. Also I'm pretty sure actual Latin would need to have the "Legio" at the start to make any sense.

You forgot the most important point: It is meant to be the name(!) of the game itself, and it is based on the name of the GW game Adeptus Titanicus. So it is an AT game, and this version is identified as  Legio.

And also I prefer real latin. I also like the word Legio, so it's no surprise that I named the game Adeptus Titanicus Legio.

Also, what is declention? Do you mean declination?  In this case I have to point out that the name should not be translated as "Legion of the Adeptus Titanicus", it means as I said above: "Adeptus Titanicus game Legio".

@ maximus40k: Thanks for taking interest in my game. Did you read the downloadable file? If not, please do it and give me feedback.

Currently the fluff part of the game is in the making. It will describe Titan classes, equipment crew and armies. I also want to include a short story scattered over the actual rules, like in the original version of AT.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Declention refers to the fact that in Latin the same word has many different possible endings depending on how it's used. For example, Legio, Legius and Legium all mean the same basic word, but one might be third person singular, another second person imperfect etc.

If you just want it to be read as the name of an AT game rather than as a sentence, stick a colon in there (Adeptus Titanicus: Legio). Currently it reads as a bad dog-latin translation of "Titan Adepts Legion of the" rather than as a varient titan legion game. That little colon makes all the difference to a latin geek.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zombocom @ 04 Jun. 2009, 09:05 )

Declention refers to the fact that in Latin the same word has many different possible endings depending on how it's used. For example, Legio, Legius and Legium all mean the same basic word, but one might be third person singular, another second person imperfect etc.

If you just want it to be read as the name of an AT game rather than as a sentence, stick a colon in there (Adeptus Titanicus: Legio). Currently it reads as a bad dog-latin translation of "Titan Adepts Legion of the" rather than as a varient titan legion game. That little colon makes all the difference to a latin geek.

According to Leo http://dict.leo.org/ and Merriam-Webster dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ "declention" does not exist, but declension does (and as declination comes from Latin declinatio).
As we are talking about nouns and not verbs there are no persons or imperfect, but cases.
Btw I had Latin for 6 years in school and as a German I'm used to a language where nouns are declined.

There is no colon in the name because in German colons are not used in titles or names and so I didn't even think about using one (btw the logo will not have one anyway). I might use one in future versions and posts, or maybe a dash instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apologies for my one letter misspelling of a word I have not written in ten years :p

A colon or dash would certainly help for clarity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I write a lot of background for Adeptus Titanicus: Legio lately. Each section of background has a small text as introduction.
Here is a teaser (bear in mind that I am not a native English speaker):

Quote:
"Even in the direst of times, hope is prevalent. The artist has the hope of inspiration, the scientist of discovery and the warrior of victory. All different, yet the same. When there is darkness, thus they think, the light must return some day. For what meaning has life without hope?"
From the writings of Lopak Wen-ju, poet in the Age of Strife

Last edited by redsimon on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next