Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A look at the new Adeptus Titanicus preview via Bell of Lost Souls. http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/adeptus-titanicus-first-look.html

GW showed off quite a bit of Adeptus Titanicus and it’s rules this weekend. Take a look.

GW had this to say:

“While the game was clearly inspired by previous editions of Titanicus, as well as Epic, it’s very much it’s own new thing. We tried to make it so that it has lots of detail, but still plays quickly. The overall gist is that it puts you in the command throne of an individual Titan, so you are directing the action as shields and limbs take damage and crew succumb to the rigors of battle.”

Custom Dice (move over FFG!), and a sample Warlord titan data card with hit locations, status and critical damage tracks, and weapon hardpoints. I like, I like it A LOT!
Command Panel

Next take a look at this rundown of the upper left quadrant of the command panel by Col. Hertford over on his site.

“Starting in the top left, we have the order space. The orders on the right go here, but more on orders later.

Command – This is the number the titan has to roll to above to get receive orders.

Ballistic Skill – This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit without modifiers.

Speed – This has two values, the first is the normal speed. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs.

Weapon Skill – This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit in close combat without modifiers.

Manoeuvre – The number of turns a titan can make. This has two values, the first is the normal numbers of turns. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs to get additional turns.

Servitor Clades – This is the amount of dice you roll in the repair phase.”

Other Card Sections:

Power & Shields Box

Upper row of boxes is power produced by the reactor. This can be used for things like movement, weapons, repairs, etc. There are risks with operating on the far right orange and red areas.

Structure Console

Head body and legs physical structures are displayed here on the three tracks. Section damage is tracked on the left, with critical effects on the right. This cannot be repaired during the game.

Weapons Cards

Here you place the individual weapon cards that are mounted on the titan. weapon costs, arcs of fire, ranges and other stats are listed.
warlord-titan-horz

Titanicus Seminar

B&C’s M_R_Parker says this:

“A really cool seminar going over the background of the Titanicus games (and the background of the Horus Heresy setting as well), looking at some of the older models and some of the promo shots and White Dwarf articles for the older iterations of the game (fun fact: back in the day the only way to get smoke effects into their shots was to use cigar smoke. Good to see Health & Safety wasn’t always so overpowering…). We got a little insight into the new game, some of the background for it, what they’re potentially including, and some insight into the modelling process for the new kits. Apparently someones been working on making the 40k scale Warlord into a AT scale and it’s taken them around 2 to 3 months to complete. It’s scaled so well that they’ve taken shots of the resultant models and without any reference for scale there’s no way to determine which model is which. Apparently they’re trying to do the same for the Reaver, but with it not being an existing CAD they’re having to do things manually, which is a longer process.

The game itself seems like a lot of fun, and seems to scale incredibly well. Apparently it can go from a single Warlord on each side all the way to around 10 or so Titans on each side and the only real impact is the time required to play it. Plus it’s not following the traditional Fantasy / 40k system of ‘My turn, then Your turn’ but each phase is a one action followed by the other players action, and so on until the turn is finished. This keeps the game flowing without you having nothing to do for about 10 minutes whilst your opponent has his turn. I think this will be a really good system to get into when it comes out – which is still not finalised. Because it’s going out in GW stores it has to fight it’s way into the main GW schedule, and apparently there’s already a lot lined up for the next two years which is making Titanicus problematic to schedule.”

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, looks really cool!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Might consider biting this bullet after all.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm very curious to see what eventually happens and is made with this. Them finally CADing the Reaver an Warhound is cool to hear.

Do we really need a new thread with the same links and pictures from the existing New AT thread?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, GW seem to be actually releasing playable games recently. This looks fun! On an unrelated note I had my first play through of Silver Tower with my six year old boy the other night and was *really* pleasantly surprised - the mechanics are really quite clever and make for an enjoyable dungeons crawl.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'm more interested in the rules than the figures.

I hope there are good ideas in the ruleset to steal! ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Do we really need a new thread with the same links and pictures from the existing New AT thread?

Apparently we need TWO new threads just to repost stuff that was posted back in February in the Famous Original Ray's new AT thread.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Getting tempted to start a new thread...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Thread locked due to duplication. Please continue discussion here: http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 43&t=32384

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]