Login |  Register |  FAQ

various PLA print jobs from my new CR10-S5 BFG and EPIC

Post subject: various PLA print jobs from my new CR10-S5 BFG and EPIC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had previously used a CR10-S4 but after a problem with the auto home and z-axis position, which I oculd not correct, I purchased a newer CS10-S% with part of my tax refund.

Since then, I have tightened the Y axis belt to stop a small slipping noise, levelled the bed, and it works fine.

Being PLA, it is always a little difficult to determine which little bits that looke like space fillers are not actual needed parts.

Even so, I think I did well in the trimming and deflashinhing of the extraneous bits.

I have printed 3 BFG Space Marine Strike Cruisers, one a carrier, one a lance strike cruiser, andother a heavy cannon srike cruiser.

I also printed 2 Bastons Epic scale, and 3 Khorne Doom Blaster Daemon Engines.

I have a multi-part BFG Luna Class Cruiser on the printer now which once deflashed should be posted up with a few more I intend to print during the next week.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: various PLA print jobs from my new CR10-S5 BFG and EPIC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All look good. Sadly a skill i don't have.

Post subject: Re: various PLA print jobs from my new CR10-S5 BFG and EPIC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just openbed the STL file, adjusted the scale "%" to be the correct size, and saved the file. I made sure certain settings were in place - base was a raft, and support was touching all areas. then the slicer program did the rest.

I copied the file to the SD card, placed it in the 3D printer, and after a while the machine finished the print job.

I removed it with a paint scraper "suplied with the machine", then trimmed off the excess with the flush cutters supplied with the printer and a hobby knife/ scalpel.

You get some parts fall off now and then, but have to deflash those and reglue them onto the mini. As you can see my deflashing/ cleaning up ofthe minis is not always the best.