Login |  Register |  FAQ

maybe some help with SLA printing for Epic

Post subject: maybe some help with SLA printing for Epic
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hello,

i was wondering if there was any one here that could help me with some 3d printing stuff? i have aces to a formlab1 SLA printer at my local library and have been meaning to do something along the lines of 40k tyranids for epic. i have most of the test model ready but i dont know how it will turn out and would like some input and C&C before printing.

the whole thing will be about 3cm or so, should i be worried about detail too much and exaggerate everything? im not too worried about the loss of some detail but if its a good idea to do it now. how should i go about deciding this as i think a typical learning curve for this would be to test a piece and go back to the drawing board.

this is a test piece as i want to do other things and just learning to sculpt and print. ill separate the limbs for printing and assailable them later

Image3

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: maybe some help with SLA printing for Epic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 pm 
It's going to be interesting using PreForm to attach the supports - I speak from frustrated experience. Remember to use the slicing tool on the right hand side to look for parts that aren't supported.