Login |  Register |  FAQ

Age of Tyrants 6mm Products

Post subject: Age of Tyrants 6mm Products
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Folks I promised the Guy from Age of Tyrants that I would post about his new 6mm range which I have to say from the 3d modelling looks promising I think there will be a crowd funding project later in the year. I've looked at some of his stuff he has some infantry that would make amazing imperial guard Karsikans/Stormtroopers. He also has many works in Progress. If you all are interested hop onto facebook and check his page out!

https://www.facebook.com/AgeofTyrants?h ... ion=stream

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Age of Tyrants 6mm Products
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Didn't E&C do some freelance work on this?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was looking at his snipers those guys are really cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Amazing new stuff guys! Where did you have this printed?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You might wanna ask the dude on his Facebook page I just posted an article here on his request.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wish he would come to the biggest online 6mm communities himself and showcase some of his stuff and field questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, he is veeeery quiet. Especially if he wants to build up momentum for a new game.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh. My. God. I'm a huge fan of the Urban War Junkers aesthetic, I have the whole range (very nearly) in 28mm, despite no interest in the game itself.

Now I have to find a slot in a NetEpic army for 'carapace' armoured guys with shotguns...

6mm Arbites army anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hes starting the kickstarter in about 3 months I think I hes just beginning to publicize his designs on facebook as he works. He did say he wasn't planning on a massive advertising campaign before he starts the kick starter that said if you have questions ask on the facebook page he answered me in half an hour and got me persuaded to post about the range here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just a friendly suggestion to them. Not engaging the community, not explaining what you game is about, the factions, the environment, what make this different is pretty much a recipe for failure. You can't just put up kickstarter one day and expect it to generate traffic and funding. They need to be out there drumming up excitement and awareness of this game, NOW. That involves interaction with boards and forums like TacComms, TMP, Warseer, etc. That means a scheduled release of background information through multiple channels. What's the scope and scale of this game? Are there planned expansions? What about spin off if this is successfullypulled off? Just putting up some scetches on a Facebook page that don't have any context doesn't cut it. "I've got a day job" is a poor shit excuse. Want to know what? So do the rest of everyone here, many of whom are designers themselves. Hobby dollars are limited and frankly if my money is going to them or say Onslaught, there's no question about it. I'm sorry but I don't want to track them down on their Facebook page if I have a question. They should be tracking all of us down and we're their target audience that they want to turn into paying customers.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just tried to embed some product images from facebook but it doesn't look like the forum can handle it but if you look go look at what they are doing there are some almost perfect cadian sniper proxies along with some very good Karsikan proxys and I saw some troops in CAD that looked like they'd be a good run for Valhallans. While I was surprised to be asked to post for them here rather than them follow the my suggestion and come themselves. I'm far more interested in getting quality miniatures in production which can be used for Epic and other games systems than I am about worrying about their sales strategy or lack there of. From what was said however they are not yet ready to even start thinking about starting a crowd funder to get the game going I'd imagine the kind of sales chasing your thinking of would happen in the 3-6 month crowd funding project rather than while they are still trying to to design and 3d print usable models to base a system on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Just a friendly suggestion to them. Not engaging the community, not explaining what you game is about, the factions, the environment, what make this different is pretty much a recipe for failure. You can't just put up kickstarter one day and expect it to generate traffic and funding. They need to be out there drumming up excitement and awareness of this game, NOW. That involves interaction with boards and forums like TacComms, TMP, Warseer, etc. That means a scheduled release of background information through multiple channels. What's the scope and scale of this game? Are there planned expansions? What about spin off if this is successfullypulled off? Just putting up some scetches on a Facebook page that don't have any context doesn't cut it. "I've got a day job" is a poor shit excuse. Want to know what? So do the rest of everyone here, many of whom are designers themselves. Hobby dollars are limited and frankly if my money is going to them or say Onslaught, there's no question about it. I'm sorry but I don't want to track them down on their Facebook page if I have a question. They should be tracking all of us down and we're their target audience that they want to turn into paying customers.

Your so elegant jimmy +1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Presumably they'll publicise it around more closer to when they put the kickstarter up, seems reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blindhorizon wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

Your so elegant jimmy +1

+2