Login |  Register |  FAQ

Holy Guacamole! GHQ hasn't made an M60A2 starship

Post subject: Re: Holy Guacamole! GHQ hasn't made an M60A2 starship
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep ... 105, 122, 152, 155, 175, 203/8in., etc. in 10-12mm should work with Epic scale ...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The 10mm Tigers I have are way too large so I'm wondering if everyone is using the same 10mm scale at this time.

Tau Empire, Mymeara Eldar, Tallarn Desert Raiders

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sure ... it may be based on the vehicle ... 10mm armored cars, jeeps, '40s light tanks, like the R35, etc. work well. I'm working on a pair of WWI A7Vs for Ork Battleforts ... Of course a 10mm Tiger may work fine for a Praetorian or AD Mech vehicle ... Here's some pic of 10-12mm I'm using for my Orks -

Attachments:
BUGGIES.jpg
BUGGIES.jpg [ 2.69 KiB | Viewed 1730 times ]
BUGGIES 1.jpg
BUGGIES 1.jpg [ 2.45 KiB | Viewed 1731 times ]
A7V BATTLE FORT.jpg
A7V BATTLE FORT.jpg [ 2.57 KiB | Viewed 1731 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking again at the Pendraken site made me remember their 10mm APC "inspired" by a curtain xenos flavored action franchise...

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/SF6-p5261/

Don't know if any one has tried this with epic ? (though slightly pricy going by the quality on the pics.) I also have this pic which i thought was pendraken but looks very different from the one on their site :

Attachment:
Alien APCs.jpg
Alien APCs.jpg [ 31.46 KiB | Viewed 1720 times ]

[I have a suspicion this pic might be L4s... ;) ] A bit big none the less.

So anyone wanting to make some kind of Colonial APC in 6/8/heroic mm would get my vote :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep !! Those are mine ... those are Micromachines with some decals I added. I didn't think they were too big ... With the infantry next to them, the size looks about right for a big IFV. Believe me I've been in and around a lot of MBTs, APCs, AFVs, etc. in my past youth as an Army Grunt. And those look "right" to me ... If you have ever stood next an Army HEMTT ... and I have ... those models looks right ... I do think some vehicle and aircraft models from GW and GZG look too small to me ...

Attachments:
HEMTT.jpg
HEMTT.jpg [ 8.79 KiB | Viewed 1710 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fair enough. On second viewing it looks ok, just a little bigger than i remember in the movie ( i seem to remember they have to stoop to enter (?)

Attachment:
Aliens_(film)_APC.jpg
Aliens_(film)_APC.jpg [ 7.88 KiB | Viewed 1702 times ]

I also don't think the HEMTT would manage a wheelie when exiting an alien nest ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blip wrote:
Fair enough. On second viewing it looks ok, just a little bigger than i remember in the movie ( i seem to remember they have to stoop to enter (?)

Attachment:
Aliens_(film)_APC.jpg

I also don't think the HEMTT would manage a wheelie when exiting an alien nest ! :D

I love that APC, the only thing about the one in the movie is it is not to scale. The actors could not actually fit inside, it was made from one of those airport vehicles that helps jet liners taxi away from the boarding docks. Any footage of people inside the apc from the movie is a different fabricated set.

Blind-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Blip wrote:

Attachment:
The attachment Aliens_(film)_APC.jpg is no longer available

Well my 6mm GZG troopers which are part of my Cultist Forces. Are perfect with the rest of my Epic units, would still have to crouch down to get into the MM IFV ... But again with my former decade + as a Grunt, you always have to crouch and "squeez" to get into an AFV. To keep the vehicle signature small as possible. No matter what AFV - M113, Bradley or Stryker, it's a tight fit , with all your equipment on ... And with my "alien" IFV, I give it an ACL of 4 stands ... Yeah, the HEMTT is a big cargo vehicle ... so I doubt it will even be used as an APC ... it's just a very big truck !

Attachments:
DSCF3931.JPG
DSCF3931.JPG [ 148.22 KiB | Viewed 1662 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Speak of the Devil ... check this bad boy out ... http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=314350