Login |  Register |  FAQ

What Are the Ship Lengths in BFG?

Post subject: What Are the Ship Lengths in BFG?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (primarch @ 26 2003 Aug.,22:55)
Hi!

I remember seeing Ork's with lasguns, so I think it nice to mix and match technologies. A bolter may be standard issue for a marine, but whats to stop one from modelling a squad with shurikens or even lasguns?

It depends how much you follow the "official" Background. I tend to use it more as a guideline than follow it to the letter.

Primarch

Me too. Take the Machine God, for example. In my Imperium there is no such thing, period. The Adeptus Mechanicus still use mumbo-jumbo and pray to machine spirits but their God is the Emperor and they are very much a part of the Imperium rather than a near-independent entity.

Oh, I don't have tech-guard either.  :;):

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, with the introduction of the C'tan, it seems that the machine God that the higher members of the Adeptus Mechanicus worship, is actually the Dragon. Who is in stasis on Mars.

Only the highest members know this, however, and its likely that the lower less significant members believe it to be a facet of the Emporer.

There is some fluff stating somewhere that they worshipped some kind of technological device well before the Emporer was recognised as the Messiah.

Or something along those lines.  Fluff merges together these days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know what you guys mean.

Sometimes I can't remember which fluff went with which edition.

The Necrons really jammed up the works. They back-edited tons of things to let the Necrons in.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aye,  Not only do I have the problems of all the different versions of official fluff, but there's also all the private fluff some gamers have posted.

I like to read peoples different views of it all, Portent usually has a large selection, trouble is after about 3 months I can't remember if it was an official article I read or not.  :oo

Post subject: Re: What Are the Ship Lengths in BFG?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

a bit of threadomancy : i am currently reading the gordon rennie books, and the length quoted are 3Km for a Cruiser and 30m or 100m for a torpedo. I think this is due to a mistake in English measure conversion somewhere. Fury interceptor are givens as weighting 200 tons, and Starhawk Bomber 300 tons.

I think the "skyscrapper sized torpedo" was talking about a ground based defense torpedo. I think that kind of comparison was used in the Ultramarine book where they fire such a torpedo at a Hive ship, and something equaly huge for the torpedo shot against the Iron Warrior and Legio Mortis in "Storm of Iron". But those are supposed to be bigger, and possibly able to take down a battleship or a hive ship in one hit.

And as for the illustration, when the artists get carried away anyway. I think everyone remember this illustration with a warlord titan towering among mountains, for example...

wait, here you go :

The servicing door you can see under the gun barrels would suggest that the height of this weapon would go in the 30m range (if it's 2m high, as it can fit about 15 times), while this is supposed to be the height of the entire Titan...