Login |  Register |  FAQ

ToEG 13 - Borkas Dark Eldar

Post subject: ToEG 13 - Borkas Dark Eldar
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi guys and gals!

I'd like to actually finish an army for a change rather then just start new projects all the time. So I decided to take part here. What I've been working on lately have been a Eldar Corsair army, (represented by the Dark Eldar list). Style wise I want them to be a mix of both, sort of in between Eldar and their Dark kin.

I posted a short back story description in my paint-log. I repost it here for those who like that kind of stuff.
Code:
The theme would be a corsiar band led by a corsair prince. The prince was born on a craftworld think I'll go with ulthwe. During his training as a warlock he came to a schism with his tutors over what he perceived as lack of action. Embittered he went away from the craftworld and chose the path of the outcast.

After living as a ranger and corsair he fell pray to ambition and went to the dark city. He was due to his martial prowess able to join a Kabal of commoragh (which would explain how he learned Dark Eldar tactics). Ricing steadily in the ranks during a few hundred years in the city. He eventually saw the folly of personal ambition after losing a son to the intrigues of the Kabal and the fall of the Archon he had chosen to serve.

Tired and sickened of what his race had become in the Dark City after the fall, he pledge to serve his race instead of his own personal gain. He could not return to his craftworld however after his many years in commoragh, they refused him and said he was tainted from his stay in the city.

With a few followers from his time as a corsair and even some from commoragh he chose to start a new corsair force. The intent was to be not mere pirates but to try and restore the glory of the eldar empire wherever they could. Young eldar from many craftworlds not content with the policies of their craftworld leaders, wanting more action against the upstart races that had have claimed so much of what used to be eldar space, soon joined the group as their reputation grew.

After 300 hundred years the band is stronger than ever and have supported several large scale actions of craftworlds against the lesser races of the galaxy. At the present date they are one of the strongest corsair bands, but of course lacking the manpower and resources of a craftworld. This has made the corsair prince employ the tactics used by the dark eldar realizing they need to hit with lightning speed and hit hard as they cannot sustain big losses.

I have done a bit of work on them so I'm not actually starting from scratch for this ToEG thread, on the other hand I haven't actually finished any single formation.

I'm moving house (and city) in two weeks and will have a lot of stuff on my hands january february. This thread will therefore mostly be a placeholder and my pledge to start painting is as of the first of march and for march to be the first month I participate.
It's unrealistic for me to actually paint 500 pts a month, my goal is instead to finished one formation a month (aming for 11-12). In the meantime before I start painting in earnest I thought I'd share what I've done so far.

Kabal Coterie with Archon (supreme commander). This is the formation closest to being finished I only have to do the last two incubi, like you can see:

And this is the planned BTS. A warrior formation upgraded with two Barges of Pleasur.

My third pic shows a formation of wyches, like you can se I still have two more raiders to build and the first one isn't even finished.

Lastly is a few wip units that I've been trying to convert for other formations.

Ok That's all I have for now. I'm looking forward paint and play this army :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ToEG 13 - Borkas Dark Eldar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

An excellent looking beginning. Looking forward to seeing more.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Great to see more work on these. First TOEG dark eldar army for years as well :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking great, I love the vehicle conversions.

Ulthwé Eldar - complete
Nova Guard Titan Legion - complete
Crimson Fists Space Marines - complete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They are a great start for an army that'll turn up to be very original.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very good start indeed!
Some great conversions and nice contrasty painting you are showing there!

Do i see it right that the barges are two pieces of the 40 DE jetbikes mirroring each other?

Only odd thing is the base you're using for the barges - what's the reason behind that?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks everyone! :)

MrGonzo wrote:
Very good start indeed!
Some great conversions and nice contrasty painting you are showing there!

Do i see it right that the barges are two pieces of the 40 DE jetbikes mirroring each other?

Only odd thing is the base you're using for the barges - what's the reason behind that?

Yeah your right! :) The vehicles are mostly made with current Dark Eldar bits, and the barges are the reaver hull pieces. I've done a short tutorial in my paintlogg/thread in the 6mm subforum.

The bases I've used are Aeronautica imperialis bases. I usually use red-colored dice to indicate DC damage or shields. It's so easy to displace these during a game though. The bases has two numbered indicator wheels(?) to keep track of damage and shields, so that's why I took them. I used a an oval base first, which looks better, but I think I'll stick with these anyway.

cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I see!
Thought about Aeronautica but wasn't sure if it has DE rules.

PS: Meant "40k DE"! Little typo ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Borka, these are faenominale!!! :)

Where to you moving? Closer to Copenhagen? ;)

//Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oberst Lynild wrote:

//Thomas

Well thank you Thomas!

No I'm afraid not, I'm moving 100km west to Västerås, so still in the middle of Sverige. On the other hand it will not really be farther away either :)

I had been entertaining the thought of going to Köpenhamn this year for the giant fanatic and take part in the epic tournament. I'm a bit disappointed with you danish fellows though, I saw on the GF homepage that it's usually the first weekend in october. That's bad because me and my wife have a 10year weddingday that weekend. Which equals no epic tournaments for me. :D ;)

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I know the guys here in Cph have talked about a one or two day tournament, but I don't know when and where...

I didn't take part either but I hear the epic part went really well.

Borka wrote:
Oberst Lynild wrote:

//Thomas

Well thank you Thomas!

No I'm afraid not, I'm moving 100km west to Västerås, so still in the middle of Sverige. On the other hand it will not really be farther away either :)

I had been entertaining the thought of going to Köpenhamn this year for the giant fanatic and take part in the epic tournament. I'm a bit disappointed with you danish fellows though, I saw on the GF homepage that it's usually the first weekend in october. That's bad because me and my wife have a 10year weddingday that weekend. Which equals no epic tournaments for me. :D ;)

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I hope you'll stick to it, maybe I could lure you with a ToEG match against my yet-to-be Cultists.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

fredmans wrote:
I hope you'll stick to it, maybe I could lure you with a ToEG match against my yet-to-be Cultists.

/Fredmans

Yeah I´d like that. What about rewarding ourselfs with a game at a certain total points painted, say 2000pts! And then another at 3000pts. That'd be nice :)

/Erik